We are searching for a Superintendent who can oversee and manage projects on-site from start to finish. This role requires frequent out-of-town travel.
At Rembco, we are more than a contractor. In business for over 40 years, we are a recognized leader in specialty geotechnical construction. We proudly serve our customers by offering quality construction through innovative solutions. While our home office sits just outside of Knoxville, TN, our scope reaches across the United States. Our humble but quickly expanding Tennessee team leaves a lasting southern impression as we take on new and exciting projects. We are searching for a Superintendent who can oversee and manage projects on-site from start to finish. This role requires frequent out-of-town travel.
- Understand and build to construction plans and specifications
- Supervise, direct, and train field crews of 5-7 people performing ground improvement, soil stabilization, specialty grouting, and deep foundation projects
- Maintain a working environment in accordance with quality and safety standards
- Direct mobilization, travel, material orders, and jobsite set-up
- Plan work approaches and make necessary adjustments to maintain production targets
- Operate and oversee the operation, day-to-day inspection and maintenance of equipment
- Evaluate subordinate performance and provide constructive feedback
- Track work progress through the timely submission of timesheets, daily logs, expense, and mileage reports
- Plan and perform quality control checks such as compression and tension tests
- Develop and implement contingency plans when appropriate
- Communicate tactfully with workers, supervisors, and internal/external clients to achieve company goals and maintain client satisfaction
- Report project activities and complications to General Superintendents and Project Managers. Come solution ready to the discussion.
- Valid Driver’s License
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to pass a drug screening
- Ability to lift/carry/move up to 100 lbs
- Extensive experience with auger and down-hole hammers, tie-back/micropiling drills, grout plants, concrete pumps, application of shotcrete, compressors, along with a general mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to work outdoors, including exposure to excessive noise, inclement weather, and occasional confined quarters
- Must be a good written and verbal communicator, team player, self-motivated, and flexible
- Experienced in computerized reporting
- Competitive compensation based on experience, including a monthly vehicle package and the opportunity for an annual bonus.
- 100% Company Paid Health Insurance Benefits in the base network and Vision Insurance regardless of coverage type (employee, family, etc.). HSA options are available
- 3% guaranteed Safeharbor 401(k) Contribution plus a potential Profit-Sharing Match upon eligibility
- Access to Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance plans
- Per Diem paid with out-of-town travel
- Employer paid Hotel room during travel
Rembco is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.